Poking someone on Facebook is one way to get their attention. We’ll show you how to poke someone on facebook in your friend list from your desktop or mobile device.
How to poke someone on Facebook
The table of contents
- How Do You “Poke” Someone?
- How to poke someone on Facebook on a desktop
- Poke a Friend on Facebook on Mobile
What Does it Mean to “Poke” Someone on Facebook?
Poking is not difficult. All you need to do is send a message. Users receive a notification when you poke them. If you poke the user this way, you can get their attention, and they can poke you back if they wish.Facebook only allows people in your friend list to poke you to prevent misuse of the feature. So you won’t get spammed by strangers.
How to poke someone on Facebook on a desktop?
Anyone can use the Facebook website on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebooks to poke someone.Open your web browser and navigate to the Pokes page on the Facebook site. If you do not already have an account on Facebook, you can sign up by clicking here.Whenever you go to the “Pokes” page, you will see a list of people that you can poke. If you are looking for someone specific, you can use the search box at the top of the page.
Poke your friend.
- Next to the person’s name on the list, click the “Poke” button.
- Next to a friend’s name, click “Poke.”
- A notification will be sent to that user to let them know you poked them.
- You can poke someone back by clicking “Poke Back” if they have already poked you.
- Click on “Poke Back” next to a friend’s name.
So that’s how you can send Facebook notifications to your friends using this odd but fun technique.
How to Poke a Friend on Facebook on a Mobile Device
You can also poke your friends from your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone.
- Start by launching the Facebook app on your phone. Tap on the search icon at the top-right side of the app.
- Typing “Pokes” in the “Search” field will bring up search results.
- Hit Enter after typing “Pokes” into the search box.
- Click the “Pokes” option in the results.
- Choose “Pokes” from the menu.
- You will be taken to a “Pokes” page. You can poke someone on this page by finding their name and tapping the “Poke” button next to it.
- To poke a friend, tap “Poke”.
- To poke back someone who has poked you, tap “Poke Back.”
- Tap “Poke Back” next to the name of a friend.
This is how you use Facebook’s unusual feature. Happy poking!