You can turn an entire desktop operating system or an app into black or close by changing the color theme of dark mode. It makes it easier for the eyes to look at your devices because it invigorates a tired design. OLED displays might also help you save some battery life if you use them on a smartphone. Learn HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON YOUR COMPUTERS.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON YOUR MACOS COMPUTER
You can use a dark mode system-wide in macOS Mojave and Catalina. This feature can also automatically allow third-party apps designed to support dark modes to toggle on dark mode.
For instance, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome automatically switch to dark mode when they detect that dark mode is enabled.
Macs running Catalina can be enabled in dark mode by following these steps:
- Click on the Apple logo at the top left of your screen to open the system preferences.
- And select “General.”
- You may change the interface’s look by selecting the dark option under Appearance at the top of the menu window.
- There is also an “Auto” option on macOS Catalina. If you click this, your theme will change as the day progresses from light to dark.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON YOUR WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER
It is possible to switch between dark and light modes in Windows 10 fairly easily. Microsoft’s dark mode doesn’t apply to all the windows you open in Windows 10 on your laptop or desktop, as it does with most dark modes. Most of the preinstalled apps are compatible with it, though some do not, including Microsoft Edge and WordPad.
- Right-click on your desktop to bring up the Personalization menu, quickly accessed from the system menu.
- Click “Colors” in the left-hand menu. Select the “Dark” option under “App Mode” to enable dark mode.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON YOUR GAMING CONSOLE
The dark mode is probably a great feature on your gaming console, too, if you play games. It’s a good thing all the major consoles make some dark mode available, even if it’s just a theme in some cases.
Though you can’t get a dark mode on the PlayStation 4, you can get something similar by customizing your theme.
- The top navigation bar will bring you to Settings.
- Themes allow you to change the interface background color, so you can select the black background if you want a quick solution to making the interface darker. Click “Default.” To do so, go to “Themes,” then click “Default.” This will let you modify the interface background color.
- The PlayStation Store offers a variety of custom themes that you can download based on your preferences. The Themes menu has a quick link to free and paid themes, which you can access directly.
Unlike some gaming consoles, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 offers a variety of theme options, which allow you to customize the look of the operating system and small things, such as Achievement Blips.
- Then select Settings from the pop-up menu when you press the Xbox button on your controller.
- By selecting Personalization > Theme and Motion.
- It will enable dark mode. In addition, you can program your Xbox to switch between light and dark following sunrise and sunset or based on a user-specified time.
- Select “My color” from within the Personalization menu to sync up tile and accent color.
Switching from a white background to a black background is easy with the Nintendo Switch console. After doing this, you will see the theme throughout most of the portable console’s user interface, except for the eShop and NES app, which is free with the Switch Online subscription.
- You can navigate through System Settings using the buttons on the main menu.
- You can activate the Switch’s dark mode by navigating to the “Themes” setting and selecting “Basic Black” from the drop-down menu.